NorCal Trains :  TrainFoamers TrainFoamers.com
See something in the area north of Bakersfield? Share pictures and tall tales here. 
Pacific Electric
Posted by: JD ()
Date: January 31, 2013 04:38PM

Damn, someone told the website "The Huffington Post" about the Red Cars, [www.huffingtonpost.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pacific Electric
Posted by: BarstowRick ()
Date: February 02, 2013 03:30PM

Once again they are rewriting history...alleging a myth. Making out the guy with the money to be the bad guy. For those of us who had family living in the L.A. sprawl or arena at the time. It wasn't hidden to the public, that the PE lines were bought up by Standard Oil & other auto conglomerates in order to promote and build new Hwy's or what came to be known as freeways. Take a map of todays freeways and overlay them over the former PE routes. I think you will find the evidence compelling. I would agree with the author on one point, "Who framed Roger Rabbit" all to laughable as a documentary. Surprised the author of this piece would use such. Another example of prejudiced, yellow journalism aka reporting.

Just a memory but I had a friend that would climb on board one of these red cars in Pasadena and she knew she would arrive on time to work 15 minutes later down town L.A.. Try driving the same route today and see how fast you get there.

Still good to see those babies running even if it's just on film. Thanks for sharing the heads up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2013 03:33PM by BarstowRick.

Re: Pacific Electric
Posted by: SteveD ()
Date: July 14, 2013 06:35PM

Myth? Looks pretty factual to me. Only myth is conspiracy theory, which was denied by courts except for limited ruling that G.M. monopolized bus sales to control parts market.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.