The Good Ol' Days :  TrainFoamers TrainFoamers.com
Still waiting for that Black Widow F-unit to come around the bend? Think things are "all crap now?" This is the forum for you! 
Work Train In Arlington
Posted by: Railroadfan92675 ()
Date: September 10, 2012 10:24AM

A work train is heading out to Arlington this morning. For a rail line that only sees 2-3 trains a year, there sure has been quite a bit of activity out there this year. I went out there a couple weeks ago and there was construction equipment on the north leg of the wye that leads to the power plant.

Buckeye and Arlington had a monsoon storm last night so I'll head out there when the ground drys out in a couple of days.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Work Train In Arlington
Date: September 11, 2012 09:54AM

Update on work train:

The work train with ballast loads went out to Hyder to work on a bridge near there.

Hmmm, working on a bridge on tracks that has been Out of Service since 1996 makes me think that UP does have some plans in mind for the area out there.

The regulator and tamper has been in town the last couple weeks or so and has been getting track warrants to head west almost everyday out of Buckeye.

Any thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2012 09:55AM by Railroadfan92675.

Posted by: srjeff1 ()
Date: September 11, 2012 06:03PM

Yah, but old ones. UP is either gearing up to reopen the line, OR they are trying to enhance the value for to sell it. UP is interested in win=win for UP.

Date: September 11, 2012 06:04PM

I think a recon trip in the near future is in order, hey?

Date: September 15, 2012 10:47AM

Yea, I'm up for a recon trip out there. I have good information on 2 milepost locations which had recent activity.

I'm think that in mid-late October we should have ideal weather in the low-mid 80's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2012 10:49AM by Railroadfan92675.

Date: September 15, 2012 04:22PM

OK, I'll work on my sched. Sounds good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.